Kirby Apprentice Fund Training Scholarships
The Kirby Apprentice Fund is celebrating its 2nd year anniversary with the announcement of Training Scholarships to promote the use of natural refrigerants.
The Naturals Training Scholarships offered by Kirby will be available to 4th year apprentices registered in the Kirby Apprentice Fund who want to further their trade knowledge with an understanding of naturals refrigerants.
The scholarship will facilitate apprentices attending a 3-day Natural Refrigerants Training Experience consisting of ARC CO2 Green Scheme Accreditation and a day of practical systems exposure at the Sydney based, Beijer Ref Training Academy.
Why achieve Green Scheme Accreditation?
What is the ARC Green Scheme
– The Australian Refrigeration Council (ARC) launched the Green Scheme Accreditation program in 2017.
– It is a voluntary program that offers HVACR technicians a way to upskill and promotes the use of new and emerging refrigerants and technologies into the industry.
– The program incorporates key refrigerants not covered by the current ARCTick Scheme.
o CO2 (The scholarship offered by the KAF in 2021 will be limited to CO2 accreditation)
o HFO 1234yf
– The ARC Green Scheme Accreditation program is the only national accreditation available for technicians to demonstrate they are qualified to work with natural refrigerants.
– Read more about it here; https://www.arcltd.org.au/green-scheme-accreditation/
Why should technicians achieve Green Scheme Accreditation?
– By achieving Green Scheme Accreditation, you improve your employability.
– You stand out from the crowd, showing your professionalism, dedication to your trade and competency to work with natural refrigerants to future employers
– You increase your safety knowledge for yourself, your colleagues and customers.
About the Beijer Ref Academy
– The Beijer Ref Academy offers technicians and installers the opportunity to learn how to operate CO2 refrigeration systems in different configurations, from condensing units to complete racks with parallel compression, and the latest generations of ejectors, among other options.
– The Beijer Ref Academy in Sydney, Australia is due to open September 2021.
– An Introductory CO2 practical application program will cover;
o Half day program theory of CO2
o Half day System review, Safety Awareness when handling CO2, Controls overview