Heatcraft back for more with Erebus Motorsport in 2014
Heatcraft Australia is pleased to announce it will extend its commercial partnership with V8 Supercars team Erebus Motorsport in 2014.
Building on a successful first year in V8 Supercars with Erebus, Heatcraft has increased its involvement with logo placement on the front guard of the Mercedes-Benz AMG E63 V8 Supercars next season.
"Heatcraft is proud to again be supporting the Erebus V8 Motorsport team in 2014," said Gavin Tory - Marketing Director for Heatcraft Australia and New Zealand.
"Our association with Erebus in 2013 has provided us with valuable opportunities to share the V8 Supercar experience with our customers and staff. Erebus have really gone the extra mile to make our partnership a success and the team's commitment and dedication to achieving at the highest level augurs well for improved performance in 2014”.
"We are very excited at the prospects of sharing in this success”, Erebus Motorsport CEO Ryan Maddison said. “2014 will be an exciting time for both the race team and the Heatcraft partnership”.
"Heatcraft started in the sport at the same time as our E63 AMG V8 Supercars and like us are looking forward to bigger things in 2014," said Maddison.
"They have introduced a new range of customers to V8s and I'm delighted to see that Erebus has helped them reach their goals through the partnership.
"Like our championship, Heatcraft touches every corner of Australia and also New Zealand. Together we continue to develop ways to engage their customers with the unique experiences that the team can provide."
Heatcraft ran a range of incentive programs with staff and customers throughout 2013, one of which included life-size cardboard driver cut-outs displayed at over 60 branches across the country. The Erebus partnership was also key to the launch of the industry leading Gas2Go refrigerant gas cylinder exchange and management system.
R32 Information Update
- R32 is a synthetic HFC refrigerant designed for use in HVAC systems.
- R32 has a GWP of 650* compared to R410A, which has a GWP of 1725*. As a HFC, R32 has a zero ODP (ozone depleting potential).
- R32 is seen as a suitable alternative to R410A and R22 in air conditioning systems designed for R32.
- Air conditioning manufacturers have commenced supplying R32 charged residential air conditioning systems into the Australian market.
- R32 is not suitable as a replacement for other refrigerants in existing systems and must only be used in systems specifically designed for R32.
- R32 is not a new refrigerant. R32 is a major component of other refrigerants, making up 50% of the R410A blend and 23% of the R407C blend.
- R32 in its pure form is classified as A2 (≥ 3.5% LEL) according to AS/NZS 1677.1:1998. This classification dictates additional requirements for handling and storage that are currently being reviewed.
- While bulk supply of R32 exists in Australia, it requires 6000kPa cylinders and the majority of current cylinders in circulation are not compliant.
- Cylinder availability is dependent upon the sourcing of cylinders with the correct pressure rating and the finalising of a decision on the type of valve outlet to be fitted to the cylinders.
- Storage and handling is also a consideration and Heatcraft is currently reviewing its branch refrigerant storage facilities and handling procedures to ensure they comply with the Australian Dangerous Goods Code (ADG code).
- Due to its flammability and higher operating pressures, equipment compatibility (eg. manifolds, gauges, recovery units) must be checked. Your Heatcraft branch can assist with information on compatible equipment for R32.
- Heatcraft is preparing to make R32 product available as soon as the issues surrounding the cylinder & outlet valve are resolved.
- Heatcraft will continue to keep the industry informed on the supply of R32 as circumstances change.
- The Flammable Refrigerant Safety Guide developed by AIRAH is available for download at www.airah.org.au and outlines the OH&S risks associated with refrigeration and air conditioning equipment and systems that use flammable refrigerants.
Should you require additional information, contact your nearest Heatcraft branch or Account Manager on 13 23 50.
* Australian Government Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities, Calculator for the Import Levy and Equivalent Carbon Price for SGGs and SGG/HCFC blends, Version 1.0, 23 April, 2012.
Heatcraft Roadshow Tours Australia
The Heatcraft Driving Efficiency Roadshow has toured New Zealand and will continue with nine additional events across Australia throughout the year.
The New Zealand leg of the Roadshow was well attended by customers who benefited from both Heatcraft and vendor demonstrations.
The Heatcraft agenda includes introducing the energy efficiency product portfolio to customers, as well as educating them on how to minimise risk and protect the refrigeration system against leaks. Attendees also benefit from a valuable update on refrigerant replacements.
Products on show include the Kirby® Titan Condensing Unit with Variable Speed Drive, Lennox Ecolean™ Chiller, Lennox Baltic Rooftop Packaged Unit and the Kirby® Fridgebox™ Series IV Microchannel Outdoor Condensing Unit. Heatcraft is also accompanied by supply partners, EBM Papst, Schneider Electric & Emerson, who demonstrate their own energy saving solutions.
As part of the Auckland Roadshow, customers were treated to special guest appearance by Ross Stone and Lee Holdsworth from the Erebus Motorsport V8 Racing Team (pictured below). Heatcraft is a proud sponsor of the Erebus Motorsport V8 Racing Team throughout 2013.
Heatcraft Customer Wins $100,000 in Gas2Go Promotion
Heatcraft Australia can confidently say they have one of the happiest customers in the HVAC&R industry.
NSW customer Shoreline Air-Conditioning are the ecstatic winners of $100,000 cash thanks to the recently run Heatcraft Gas 2 Go® “Race 2 Win” Promotion. By purchasing a Gas2Go® cylinder from the Heatcraft Prospect branch in April, Shoreline Air-Conditioning was drawn as the major winner and instantly received a VIP five day trip for two to the Triple Crown V8 Supercars event in Darwin. While in Darwin for the event, joint director Wade Giblett participated in the supplementary ‘Game’ for the chance to win $100,000. Wade selected a random envelope from a pool of 50, and successfully drew the major cash prize of $100,000. The draw was conducted in the presence of Heatcraft representatives and an independent Assessor.
Cousins Nathan and Wade Giblett are joint directors of the small family business based in Woonona, NSW. The cousins and their families are absolutely thrilled and amazed by the win, and extremely appreciative. “When I opened the envelope, I had to check what it meant. I couldn’t believe we’d won. We were absolutely stoked! ” commented Wade. A large percentage of the prize money will go back into the business, allowing them to expand the business they have both built from scratch.
Heatcraft Director of Marketing Au & NZ, Gavin Tory is just as thrilled as Nathan and Wade. “When we run promotions such as this, the ultimate desire is to see the major prize drawn. We couldn’t be happier for the team at Shoreline
Air-Conditioning and are so pleased their loyalty to Heatcraft has rewarded them so richly”.
The Heatcraft Gas 2 Go® “Race 2 Win” Promotion is authorised under: NSW Permit No: LTPS/13/1122; VIC Permit No: 13/292; ACT Permit No: TP13/417; SA Permit No: T13/192.
Heatcraft exclusive distributor of Schneider Electric HVAC Field Devices
Schneider Electric Buildings Business announces Heatcraft as exclusive distributor of HVAC field devices in Australia and New Zealand
Sydney, 25 March. Schneider Electric, the global specialist in energy management, continues to strive to provide smart and quick access to products as its Buildings Business announces Heatcraft Australia Pty Ltd as exclusive distributor of its HVAC field devices across Australia and New Zealand.
The partnership agreement allows Heatcraft to actively promote Schneider Electric Buildings HVAC field devices such as valves, actuators, damper motors, sensors, and pressure transmitters to end users, mechanical and electrical companies, HVAC companies and other resellers. Heatcraft will also utilise its branch network and regional distribution centres to sell and distribute these products helping customers reduce energy and increase efficiency in HVAC systems.
“This alliance with Heatcraft brings great depth and wider reach to the most innovative range of energy saving control devices in the HVAC market,” says Gareth O’Reilly, Vice President for Buildings, Schneider Electric. “Our EcoXpert partners will appreciate the availability and support of the extensive Heatcraft network in their mission to deliver energy efficient solutions.”
“For over 100 years, Schneider Electric has held a global leadership position in the manufacture and development of HVAC products - making a positive contribution to business bottom line,” says Derrick Thompson, Products Regional Manager for Buildings at Schneider Electric. “Our high-performance HVAC field devices provide choice, comfort, performance, energy efficiency and lowest installed cost.”
Bill Moltner, Managing Director, Heatcraft Australia and New Zealand commented he was pleased the agreement brings together two companies who are both leaders in their fields. Gavin Tory, Director of Marketing, Heatcraft Australia and New Zealand added, “The partnership agreement allows us to widen our reach to the HVAC trades and thereby provide a more comprehensive bundle of products to our customers”.
As part of Heatcraft Worldwide Refrigeration, Heatcraft Australia continues to be the country's leading manufacturing and wholesale distribution business catering for the refrigeration and air conditioning trades. The company employs over 400 people and boasts a distribution network of over 60 branch outlets across Australia and New Zealand.
About Heatcraft Australia, part of Heatcraft Worldwide Refrigeration
Heatcraft Australia Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Lennox International. Lennox has built its business on a
heritage of integrity and innovation dating back to 1895. Lennox International operates four core businesses:
Residential Heating & Cooling; Commercial Heating & Cooling; Heatcraft Worldwide Refrigeration. As part of the
Heatcraft Worldwide Refrigeration group, Heatcraft Australia is connected with Heatcraft Refrigeration Products –
North America, Friga-Bohn – Europe, HK Refrigeration – Europe, Process Cooling – Europe, Heatcraft do Brasil S.A.,
Frigus Bohn – Latin America, Heatcraft Asia. www.heatcraft.com.au
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers
integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructure,
Industries & Machines Manufacturers, Non-residential Building, Data Centres & Networks and in Residential.
Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group's 140,000 plus employees
achieved sales of 29 billion AUD (24 billion euros) in 2012, through an active commitment to help individuals and
organisations make the most of their energy. www.schneider-electric.com.au
Gareth O’Reilly, Vice President for Buildings, Schneider Electric and Bill Moltner, Managing Director of Heatcraft